Spennymoor AAP Web Information
Spennymoor AAP - It’s Up 2 U Community Grant **New**
Spennymoor AAP - It’s Up 2 U Community Grant Fund Event is Coming Again!!Local organisations across the Spennymoor AAP area are set to benefit again from the It’s Up 2 U Community Grant Fund.
A full list of the projects and the groups/organisations vying for your votes are listed below:
* Blind Life in Durham - Reaching Out to People with Sight Loss
* Learning Library - Learning Library
* The Oaks School, Spennymoor - Sensory Spaces
* Tudhoe Cricket Club - Playing it Safe
* Spennymoor Youth Council - Colour Run 2017
* Spennymoor Youth Centre - Grow Your Own
* Tudhoe Moor Nursery - Cookaway
* Spennymoor Town/Youth Band - Spennymoor Town/Youth Band
* 1st Byers Green Scout Group - New Beginnings
* Wolf Junior Muay Thai - Remodelling of Gym
* Spennymoor Gala Committee - Spennymoor Gala & Parade 2017
* Spennymoor Boxing Academy - Boxfit Juniors
* Home on the Range - The Haven Social Isolation Project
* Spennymoor Events Ltd - Middlefest 2017
* St Paul’s Church, Spennymoor - Grow at St Paul’s Family Workshops
* North Park Primary School - Walk a Mile, Read for a While
* Rosa Street Primary School - Safe Space for Outdoor Play After School
* Ox Close Primary School - Outdoor Sports/Play Equipment
* Spennymoor Town Youth FC - STYFC Tudhoe Complex Development
The fund, which is being made available through the Spennymoor Area Action Partnership (AAP), has proven to be very popular within the Spennymoor AAP area. The decision on who gets the money will be made by members of the public who will get to vote on their favourite projects at the event being held on 4th February 2017 at Spennymoor Leisure Centre between 10am – 2pm. As long as you live, work, volunteer or study in the Spennymoor AAP area and are 11 or over, you will have the opportunity to vote on projects that will benefit the local community.
At the event projects local to the area will be showcasing what they do and what they’d like the money for. After viewing the projects people will be asked to complete a ballot paper and vote for which four projects they would like funding to be awarded to. At the event members of the public will also have the opportunity to vote on the priorities which they think the Spennymoor AAP should focus on for the 2017/18 financial year.
The event promises to be a really exciting opportunity for members of our community to get involved in making local decisions. You can only do this by being there on the day so make sure that you come along and make your vote count!
You can find more information on the event by visitinghttp://www.durham.gov.uk/spennymooraap and www.gospenny.com , following the Spennymoor Area Action Partnership on Facebook or by e-mailing email@example.com
Spennymoor AAP priority voting for 2017-18 is now open! **Current**
Local priorities – what are they, and how can we tackle them?
Every year, all 14 Area Action Partnerships across County Durham ask local people to vote on what priorities they would like to see their AAP concentrate its efforts and funding on for the following year.
We will have £100,000 to spend next year, and we’re asking people to vote for what they feel would be the most important priorities to direct some of this funding towards.
We’re asking voters to identify 2 specific key issues within each of the 10 overall priority themes that you think are specific areas to address locally – and also to choose your top 3 priority themes that you’d like to see the AAP focus on in the next financial year.
Please find link to survey below:
Really hoping you can provide us with your views as they are very important in helping us to focus our work. If you have already voted thank you
Lynn Cummings BA(Hons)
Project Support Officer, Transformation and Partnerships
Durham County Council
Tel: 03000 261 134
Spennymoor AAP Free Publicity - What's on 3rd Edition **Current**
I’m currently pulling together the information for the what’s on 3rd edition. – This is a publicity document that goes out to over 11,000 homes in the Spennymoor AAP area.
Would it be possible for you to pass the attached network form on to any activity providers in the Spennymoor AAP area who would like to promote their activity?
Joining the Children and Young People Network Would allow activity providers to promote activities FREE of charge.
The network brings together ALL activity providers for Children and Young People in the Spennymoor AAP area – A brilliant way to make connections and stay in the loop.
If you would like any more information or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact.
Project Support Officer
Whitworth Park School