Can you please amend diaries accordingly.
Mental Health Provider and Stakeholder Forum 26th January **Current**
Held on the 26th September 2018, at 9.30am at the Durham Indoor Bowling Centre, Pity Me, Durham
Please find attached the minutes from the above meeting
County Durham Mental Health Provider Forum Briefing **Current**
24th November 2017
Mental Health Crisis Response and
Home Treatment Team and Wider Crisis Services Offer Review
Background and context
To date, the County Durham and Darlington Crisis Concordat has worked to improved mental health services for people experiencing mental health problems, their families/carers and professionals working within a complex system, in a number of ways.
• Development Days, eg October 2016
• Work to understand/map services
• Development and agreement of a Single Point of Access approach
• Pilot Support and Recovery Workers working within the Crisis Response Team
• Commissioning of private ambulance (Conveyancing Service) specifically for transporting people experiencing a mental health crisis
• Review, reconfiguration and expansion of the existing Acute Liaison Psychiatry Services based at University Hospital of North Durham and Darlington Memorial Hospital – providing an all age service in A&E and inpatient ward service, 24/7
• Implementation of Street Triage Service
At this stage, Commissioners felt that it was timely to take stock of the impact of work progressed to date and reflect on next steps priorities for further improving the County Durham and Darlington offer of services to support people experiencing mental health crisis.
What are we doing?
In order to do this, two pieces of work are being taken forward which are related.
Firstly, a review of the current Mental Health Crisis Response and Home Treatment Service is currently taking place. This review is being taken forward in conjunction with TEWV and is considering how the service is currently provided, how it is performing, quality of service, effectiveness, inter-relationships with other services and any impact that the team may have noticed to date resulting from recent developments across the system, for example expansion of Acute Liaison hours of service and Street Triage.
In addition, a review of how the wider relationships between all services involving in providing a mental health crisis response to patients or referring into the system is working in practice is also taking place. TEWV have been involved in the development of the approach to both pieces of work.
How can I get involved?
Work is currently underway to seek the view of stakeholders directly involved in supporting people experiencing a mental health crisis and feedback is being invited. Two separate surveys have been uploaded onto Survey Monkey to enable wider stakeholders to feedback their experiences of:
• Referring into the County Durham and Darlington Crisis Response and Home Treatment Service; and
• Working in partnership within the wider Mental Health Crisis Pathway.
In addition, work is progressing to seek the views of patients and carers who have experienced the Crisis Response and Home Treatment Service and individual meetings have begun to take place with key stakeholders.
Together the project aims to identify areas of improvement needed within the pathway overall to help provide:
• Clarity within the system about each service offer and how it fits within any overall mental health crisis system offer to patients;
• A clear understanding of gaps and duplication within the system and proposals to address;
• A system which is effective in terms of ease of access to all levels of support including prevention, timely response, assessment, treatment and recovery.
To feedback your views please use the link below to access the Survey Monkey Forms and complete them. To access the links, hover mouse to highlight link, Control + Click to take you through to the link.
You have until 5pm on 31st December 2017 to feedback your views.
Thank you for your involvement in this piece of work.
Commissioning Delivery Manager
North of England Commissioning Support Unit
On behalf of North Durham, Darlington and DDES Clinical Commissioning Groups
Please note that I am on annual leave during December. Please feedback any additional comments/questions directly to Lorraine Gibbons Email: - firstname.lastname@example.org in my absence.